- Course link:
- Exit awards:
- PG Credits: strategic leadership and management
- Academic validation:
- Coventry University
- Professional validation:
- JNC Professional Grade Youth Worker (England & Wales) – if topped up to full PGDIP
- Mode and duration:
- PT, 1 term
- PT at YMCA George Williams College
- PT Course fee: £950, inclusive of all course materials and accreditation fees. YMCA staff have a 10% discount: £855
- Entry requirements:
- BA(Hons) degree at 2:ii or above and substantial experience of working with young people (usually 2 years) – however prospective students should contact the College if they are over 21 and feel they do not meet these requirements.
- Exit possibilities:
- Successful students will be able to gain accelerated entry on to the MA Reflective Leadership and Management programme <link to https://www.ymca.ac.uk/pg-dip-ma-youth-work-and-community-learning-and-development-professional-studies/
The Postgraduate Development Module in Strategic Leadership and Management will involve attendance at 5 study days which run from times to be advised at the College in East London.
Our courses are informed by our extensive experience in working across multiple communities in the UK as well as globally via our work with many countries and regions <link to https://www.ymca.ac.uk/international-youth-work/>. This ensures that students develop the skills to differentiate various world views of youth work and the links with social pedagogic practice. This unique approach ensures rich perspectives on local, national and global practices.