This is an exciting course, specially designed for those wanting to work positively with children, young people, marginalised groups and communities.
You will learn youth work methods, values and engagement skills for working with individuals and groups to support their personal, social and political development.
Through this course, you can gain a professional youth work qualification endorsed by Education Training Standards Wales with over a third of your time in placement activities. Successful completion of the course will allow you to register with the Education Workforce Council in Wales as a Youth Worker.
There is also the option to study a faith-based route in the first year and exit with a Certificate in Higher Education Youth and Community Work (faith-based), or to top up the full degree and JNC Qualification*
*Students on the faith-based route that wish to gain the full JNC professional qualification will need to complete a further 20 credit module at level 4
- A degree programme with professional endorsement, and course content aligned with National Occupational and Professional Standards in the sector.
- Opportunities for continuing professional development through additional training opportunities and professional networking on a course with strong links with employers and local training providers.
- Learn and gain experience with 800 hours of supervised fieldwork practice, with a placement in each year of study. This can be in a variety of settings either in the UK or internationally.
- Start the academic year with a learning experience with a partner project to see youth work skills in action.
- Option to study a faith-based route in the first year of study by completing an additional module
- Develop skills in team work, positive communication, working with groups and individuals, reflective practice and leading others.
- Develop knowledge and core skills for youth work practice and informal education that are transferable to work with children, young people and adults in a range of different settings.