CYM ~ MA Ministry and Mission (with specialist pathways including JNC option)
- Course link:
- Exit awards:
- Postgraduate Certificate; Postgraduate Diploma; MA in Ministry and Mission (with specialist pathways: Children and Family Work; Youth and Community work; Chaplaincy with Children and Young People; Christian Leadership in Context)
- Academic validation:
- Newman University
- Professional validation:
- PG Dip = JNC Professional Grade Youth Work (England)
- Mode and duration:
- Part-time, 3 to 4 years
- Block Weeks in Nottingham. All teaching is based at the Trent Vineyard campus in Nottingham.
- £6,500 for full course (3 years), students on the course are eligible for Masters Loans of around £11,200; + £1000 for JNC professional qualification
- Entry requirements:
- Applicants will usually hold a BA Honours degree at 2:2 or above and have at least 100 hours of experience in relevant ministry. Three references will be taken (education, employer, and personal) and candidates must have a current Access NI, DBS enhanced disclosure or ISA Registration to enrol. Academic entrance with respect to accredited prior learning is possible. In the event that candidates do not hold the academic qualifications above they will be expected to demonstrate their ability to work at MA
- Exit possibilities:
- This course will equip you for senior roles in church based ministry with children, young people and their families. Students may separately pursue ordination or accreditation in related ministries including chaplaincy in schools or other contexts. Other graduates have taken up senior roles in local authority, schools and colleges or third sector community organisations
Additional note on entry requirements:
If you do not qualify, see our BA degree programme as an alternative option.
16 Commerce Square,
- Jacqui Brown (Administration)
- 0115 777 0102
CYM’s mission is to equip people for Christian mission and ministry with children, young people, and in the community. As the only independent and specialist college in this field in the UK, we do this by offering a number of degree courses and short training courses. We are also the only Christian college delivering the professional youth work qualification (the ‘JNC’) through postgraduate study.
View all courses from Institute for Children, Youth and Mission (CYM)